Ethereum Protocol Engineering Update – PegaSys April 2020
Hope you’re staying healthy and safe out there. We’re excited to connect with many of you next week at the first-ever Virtual NY Blockchain Week, so make sure you secure your spot below. April was another busy month of protocol development for the team, despite our tumultuous global moment. Hyperledger Besu continues to serve as an easy onramp for organizations seeking to adopt Ethereum, enterprises are becoming increasingly interested in mainnet, and Eth2 development has been making great progress. We think this will be a summer full of milestones for our team and for the ecosystem at large. Here’s the latest.
Latest Hyperledger Besu Release
Hyperledger Besu 1.4.4 is now available. We’ve implemented priv_getLogs, private contract log filters, EIP-2315, Splunk logging, and optional native library encryption.
More Besu News and Resources
The Hyperledger Besu team conducted their second security audit of the codebase in Q1 this year to ensure it meets security best practices. No critical or high issues were found. Read the full summary of the security task force’s findings.
Also, couple gems from the Besu community this past month:
- Hyperledger Besu syncing with Ethereum: a cool Grafana visualization from @EthereumOnARM.
- How to Create a Private POA Ethereum Network with Hyperledger Besu: a video tutorial from EatTheBlocks so you can see Besu in action.
Interested in additional features and support services? Contact us about PegaSys Plus.
PegaSys Partner Feature: Concord
Concord is a data privacy company that is focused on solving the current digital marketing crisis around compliance with data protection laws and also declining data quality. Concord’s blockchain-based enterprise solution helps sites and apps easily add legally-required features that incentivize users to trust, engage, and stay loyal to brands. They recently partnered with PegaSys so they could access exclusive technical content and collaborate with our protocol engineering experts on their product roadmap.
Want to join our partner program? Reach out to us at [email protected]. We’re here to help you easily integrate Hyperledger Besu and PegaSys products into your stack.
Ethereum 2.0 Protocol News
- Check out ConsenSys’ new Ethereum 2.0 Knowledge Base, a complete library of FAQs and resources to answer all your questions about Eth2.
- Ben Edgington from PegaSys’ R&D team published his latest What’s New in Eth2 update, with testnet news and a curated list of helpful explainers about Casper FFG, staking, and more.
- A snapshot of PegaSys’ Eth2 client fully synced with the Lighthouse testnet.
- In this presentation on Ethereum 2.0 Cross-Shard Techniques, Raghavendra Ramesh and Peter Robinson review asynchronous and synchronous cross-shard value transfer and function call mechanisms.
Virtual NY Blockchain Week: May 6-20 (Online)
This year, NY Blockchain Week programming will be entirely online and free for all registrants, with globally accessible content. Make sure you reserve your free spot today. The following sessions will be led by PegaSys team members:
- Bringing Ethereum 2.0 to Phase 0 in 2020: Ben Edgington (May 8th, 9:15 AM ET)
- The Transition from Eth1 to Eth2: Tim Beiko (May 8th, 11:15 AM ET)
- Fireside Chat, Microsoft and PegaSys: Dan Heyman, Yorke Rhodes (May 8th, 12:00 PM ET)
Live Webinar – CBDC and Stablecoins: May 14
Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) has emerged as one of the most compelling blockchain use cases for financial institutions. In this free webinar, enterprise experts from ConsenSys Solutions will walk through the fundamentals of CBDC and the benefits, risks, and design considerations for successful implementation. Register here.
- What Blockchain Means for Asset Management: Blockchain technology has made the management of tangible, intangible, and complex assets much more efficient. Here's what the innovation means for asset managers, banks, investors, and others in the industry.
- How Blockchain Is Advancing Capital Markets: The way capital markets approach the exchange of value has fundamentally changed in the era of blockchain.
- Introduction to Decentralized Finance (DeFi): Use cases, products, webinars, and more to help you participate in the most exciting financial shift of our time.
- The Benefits of Blockchain for Global Trade and Commerce: Major trading companies around the world are using Ethereum to streamline the operation of global supply chains, manage trade finance, and unlock new business models.
- Transforming Payments and Money With Blockchain: From remittances to microloans to stablecoins, blockchain has ushered in a more efficient and secure global payment infrastructure.
- Hyperledger Besu Training Essentials: Get to know the functionality and features of the open source, Java-based Ethereum client in this free course from ConsenSys Academy.
- Hyperledger Besu Essentials Certification: Learn how to run Hyperledger Besu, as well as best practices for the client’s consensus algorithms, permissioning, and privacy features so you can become a certified Besu developer.