PegaSys August 2019 Update
August has flown by in the blink of an eye, and we're headed into a very busy next couple of months full of big events and much more! Read on to find out what we've been up to, and what's on the horizon.
Last week, the PegaSys team proudly announced that we had submitted our Ethereum Client, formerly known as Pantheon, to Hyperledger and it was accepted by the Technical Steering Committee. We see this as a significant milestone for both open source collaboration in the enterprise blockchain space and for the adoption of the Ethereum mainnet for business use cases.
The Pantheon name has officially been changed to Hyperledger Besu, and our website and tools will begin reflecting those changes shortly.
Check out our blog post on why we submitted, as well as some of the recent press!
- Hyperledger Unanimously Approved First Ethereum Codebase for Enterprises
- Hyperledger adds ConsenSys Enterprise Project to Consortium
- Announcing Hyperledger Besu
PegaSys Partner Program
We recently launched our PegaSys Partner Program! The program, meant for startups and enterprises, provides enablement like special technical content, closer collaboration on roadmap, and updates on upgrades.
Interested in joining the program? Reach out to us!
TruffleCon, Redmond WA, August 2-4
Felipe Faraggi spoke on a panel “A Conversation with the IMPAKT Stack” alongside Tim Myers, Erik Marks, Nick Gaski, Christian Crowley and Kevin Bluer. Later on, he also took the stage to for a workshop entitled “Permissioning In Enterprise Ethereum”.
ETHBerlin + Dappcon, Berlin, Germany, August 21-24
Later in the month, Felipe headed to ETHBerlin, where he spoke about On-chain Permissioning with PegaSys at both ETHBerlin and dAppcon.
Live ETH 2.0 Workshop With Vitalik Buterin, Whiteblock, Prysmatic Labs, & PegaSys
Protocol Engineer, Cem Özer joined forces with some of the biggest names in ETH2 for a webinar hosted by Whiteblock. Watch the full recording here:
EEA Tech Spec meeting, August 28-30, Redmond, WA
Eth 2.0 Interoperability Event, September 6, Somewhere deep in the woods of Ontario, Canada
Team Artemis is bringing together 45 people from across client dev teams, the Ethereum Foundation, and Whiteblock to work on interoperability in ETH2 in a week long event. Stay tuned for post event updates of this meeting of the minds!
Ethereal Summit, September 15, Tel Aviv, Israel
Fintech Symposium, September 16 - 17, Chicago, USA
SIBOS, September 23 - 26, London, UK
Daniel Heyman will also be speaking on a “Trust in Blockchain” panel alongside Liquidshare on Monday, September 23 at 2pm. The PegaSys team will also be on the ground at the event. If you’re planning on attending and would like to set up a meeting, please reach out to [email protected]. Watch our socials for more info about SIBOS in the coming weeks!
Global Blockchain Summit, October 3-4 , Denver, USA
DevCon5, October 8 -11, Osaka, Japan
Stay Tuned for updates!
- Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
- Blockchain Protocol Engineer
- Technical Project Manager
- Applied Researcher - Distributed Systems
- Infrastructure and Tools Engineer
- Research Engineer: Private Sidechains
- We Want Blockchain to Create Value for Enterprises
- Ethereum 2.0’s Latest Strides Forward
- How Refineryy Is Transforming Real Estate Loans With Pantheon
- Ethereum Blockchain Solutions for Enterprise Business
- Running a Pantheon Node in Java Integration Tests
- Large Enterprises are Betting in Blockchain in 2019
- Protecting your Ethereum Private Key with EthSigner
- Accelerate Blockchain Deployment with Kubernetes and Pantheon
Want the latest PegaSys updates straight to your inbox? Join our mailing list.