PegaSys Protocol Engineering – February 2020 Update
February may be the shortest month of the year, but that didn’t stop PegaSys from making it a big one. The team celebrated a big release, hosted two webinars, and is currently out and about at events in the US and Europe. Read on for all the details!
The PegaSys team is pleased to announce the next major release of Hyperledger Besu v1.4, available February 26, 2020. Besu 1.4 includes a number of much-anticipated features focusing on performance and enterprise-driven functionality such as:
- New Plugin APIs to help you connect your blockchain network to the rest of your infrastructure with ease
- New Tracing APIs to help improve compatibility with other Ethereum clients
- Multi Tenancy to allow for more than one user on the same Ethereum node
- End to End Encryption with TLS to ensure the entire lifecycle of your transaction is secure
- Sync time improvements
As part of its 1.4 release, Hyperledger Besu exposes a Plugin API, allowing anyone to write custom plugins for Besu, and leveraging the work that the PegaSys team has done developing PegaSys Plus, a premium version of Besu packaged with several plugins tailored to running an Ethereum network in production.
Sign up here to get the recording sent straight to your inbox!
Later in February, the PegaSys team proudly announced the addition of a new product to our suite: PegaSys Orchestrate. PegaSys Orchestrate is a platform that enables building secure and reliable Ethereum powered applications with ease. To learn more about PegaSys Orchestrate, sign up for the replay of our recent webinar.
Have you heard about our PegaSys Partner Program? The program, meant for startups and enterprises, provides enablement like special technical content, closer collaboration on roadmap, and updates on upgrades.
Interested in joining the program? Reach out to us!
- ETHDenver, February 14-16, Denver, Colorado
- ConsenSys and PegaSys members including Product Designer Jake Haugen and Blockchain Protocol Engineer Danno Ferrin were both on the ground at this year’s ETHDenver, where PegaSys also had a bounty up for the best use of Hyperledger Besu’s Plugin API. We also gave out some special edition PegaSys stickers. We’d love to see where you’ve put them! Share with us on Twitter at @PegaSysEng!
- ConsenSys Roadshow, March 2, Paris, France
- The PegaSys Orchestrate Team, plus Felipe Faraggi, kicked off the week in Paris with the first ever ConsenSys roadshow. The event opened with a keynote by ConsenSys Founder Joe Lubin, and included interactive client testimonials and working sessions with Product Reps from PegaSys, Infura and Codefi. We are looking forward to the next one!
- EthCC, March 3-5, Paris, France
- Hyperledger Global Forum, March 3-6, Phoenix, ArizonaDanno Ferrin is currently speaking about Hyperledger Besu at Hyperledger Global Forum, with several other PegaSys team members in attendance. Stay tuned for more post event updates!
- How Strong Enterprise Interest In 2020 Is Pushing Blockchain Technology Further
- Increase Adoption and Cut Costs with Multi-Tenancy on Hyperledger Besu
- Notes from a First Encounter with Class Groups
- Ultimate Ethereum Hackathon Survival Guide for 2020
- How PegaSys Orchestrate Solves 4 Key Security Challenges for Enterprise Blockchain Solutions
- What is Hyperledger Besu and What does it Mean for the Future of Blockchain?
- Teku Ethereum 2 Client Architecture
- How Blok-Z and PegaSys are Accelerating the Digital Transformation of the Energy Industry
- Introducing gnark: a fast zero-knowledge proof library
- Introducing goff: fast modular arithmetic in Go
- Hotel - Train Demo using Atomic Crosschain Transactions