PegaSys Protocol Engineering – September 2019 Update
A month full of big events, a major milestone accomplished in Eth2, the official Hyperledger Besu migration, plus a big new product release on the horizon and so much more – read on for all the latest from the team at PegaSys!
PegaSys Plus Release
PegaSys Plus, our commercial distribution built on top of Hyperledger Besu, will be released on October 22nd. PegaSys Plus has additional enterprise features such as additional cyber security features, Advanced Monitoring & Event Streaming to Kafka and Kinesis. Go from proof of concept to production seamlessly with the best Ethereum platform for Enterprises. Learn more in our latest blog post!
We’ll also be hosting a webinar after the launch, where we’ll be discussing more about PegaSys Plus and its features.
Hyperledger Besu Update
In case you missed it, we have now completed a few critical steps of moving the codebase under the Hyperledger umbrella.
Here’s what’s changed:
- Rename: Pantheon has officially been renamed as Hyperledger Besu.
- GitHub: We have transitioned our Pantheon GitHub repo to Hyperledger’s repo. You can now find it at https://github.com/hyperledger/besu
- RocketChat: We will be using RocketChat for our community conversations about Hyperledger Besu moving forward, but we will leave our Gitter open for a transition period as well. You can find us at chat.hyperledger.org on the #besu or #besu-contributor channel. Please note you will need to sign up for a Linux Foundation ID to begin to participate in Rocketchat.
- Documentation: Hyperledger Besu documentation can now be found at besu.hyperledger.org.
Hyperledger Besu 1.3 has been released with the following updates, and is available for download here.
- Faster sync times
- Signing of privacy marker transaction with random keys (doc)
- Orion — relational DB support for Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Performance and stability improvements.
PegaSys will be taking part in this year’s Devcon (October 8-11, Osaka) in a big way! Not only do 9 of our team members have talks on the schedule, but many others will be attending – plus we’ve got some pretty exciting activities on the agenda (with awesome swag as prizes!).
Check out our Devcon Landing Page for a full look at what we’ve got planned including:
“Can You Besu” Challenge
Join the Hyperledger Besu Challenge “Can You Besu” to win a prize for every completed task! You can complete 1, 2 or all 3 tasks – just come by Devcon Park (right outside ATC Hall) and find Maryam to show off your work.
Task 1: Download Hyperledger Besu from http://bit.ly/Besugithub
Task 2: Start syncing with Mainnet
Task 3: Screenshot a Goerli testnet transaction, from your Besu node, with I love Besu in the data field
Already a Hyperledger Besu user? You qualify to win! Just come by and show Maryam your work.
DevCon Scavenger Hunt
Take part in the ConsenSys scavenger hunt “Narly Quest” for your chance to win a champion dinner for you and your friends, along with some cool gifts along the way!
Narly Quest will run on October 09 throughout Devcon.
For the PegaSys task: Stop by Devcon Park to complete the PegaSys task and collect a special prize!
Eth2 Interop Lock-In
On September 12, 7 client teams came together at the Eth2 Interop Lock-In with the goal of running a beacon chain network, an epic milestone on the road to Ethereum 2.0.
The result? 7-way interoperability. Read the full story here:
We recently launched our PegaSys Partner Program! The program, meant for startups and enterprises, provides enablement like special technical content, closer collaboration on roadmap, and updates on upgrades.
Interested in joining the program? Reach out to us!
Ethereal Summit, September 15, Tel Aviv, Israel
Fintech Symposium, September 16 – 17, Chicago, USA
Daniel Heyman presented “ The State of Blockchain: Separating Hype from Reality”
SIBOS, September 23 – 26, London, UK
Weren’t able to attend? Watch the “Intro to Enterprise Blockchain” featuring Daniel Heyman (PegaSys Protocol Engineering), Tim Grant (DrumG Technologies), and Peter Broadhurst + Sophia Lopez (Kaleido) as they discuss success stories, practical use cases, and the secrets behind going from concept to consortium!
Faisal Khan also spoke at the Hyperledger booth about Hyperledger Besu and the future of public chain for enterprise use cases. Watch it here!
Keep an eye on our socials for more video content coming soon!
Global Blockchain Summit, October 3-4, Denver, USA
Enterprise Ethereum and Revolution in Banking Summit 2019, October 4, Seoul, South Korea
Felipe Faraggi spoke about Enterprise Ethereum at the Seoul Ethereum Meetup, which also included speakers from Nightfall(EY), Quorum(JP Morgan), KB Kookmin Bank, MakerDAO, Binance, Etherisc, Chainlink, Celo, Atomrigs Lab, Onther, Hachilab, Sooho, and more.
ConsenSys Enterprise Showcase, October 7, Tokyo, Japan
Daniel Heyman will be speaking alongside speakers from across the ConsenSys mesh including the ConsenSys Japan team, CodeFi and Mythx, with a special announcement from NRI.
Hyperledger Maintainer Summit , October 8-11, Minneapolis, MN
Shahan Khatchadourian, Ph.D. will be attending the Hyperledger Maintainer Summit where cross-project collaboration will be discussed.
Provenance Summit, October 14, Tokyo, Japan
Felipe Faraggi will be attending and speaking at the one-day event, which gathers 500+ global industry leaders to discuss the development cycle of building a product with blockchain technology.
Tokyo FinTech Meetup #57 – DevCon Special, October 15, Tokyo, Japan
Closing out Japan Blockchain Week, Felipe will also be speaking about PegaSys, PegaSys Plus, Hyperlder Besu and more at the Tokyo FinTech Meetup.
- BadCrypto Podcast feat Grace Hartley and Daniel Heyman
- IOL – ZarX to Launch First Blockchain System in SA for Unit Trusts
- Rob Dawson at CTO Brisbane – Remote Work Talk
- Rob Dawson at CTO Brisbane – Remote Work Panel
- Future of Finance – Will Open Source business models rule the world, as Enterprise Ethereum Pantheon joins Hyperledger
- Ledger Insights – Quorum Blockchain Competitor Joins Hyperledger Ecosystem
- Financial IT – ConsenSys Announces PegaSys Plus For Enterprises
- Web3 Labs – How to Explore the Blockchain on Hyperledger Besu